The estimator is responsible to review the drawings and specifications, perform the required take-off data, procuring material quotes, and estimating required labor, equipment, and miscellaneous. You will also be responsible to assemble a detailed estimate and package ready to hand off to project management for buyout and team selection.
- Main priority is to bring in work to the company
- Ensure overall accuracy and completeness of the estimate.
- A two-step process will be used to ensure the profitability of the project
- Ensure all documentation specific to the respective discipline is appropriately represented in the estimate and narrative.
- Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is complete and available for Project Cost Estimate.
- Attend pre-construction meetings with owners as well as estimate team if required.
- Coordinate document distribution to ensure proper dissemination and coordination of information that affects the overall estimate.
- Collaboration with the team regarding soliciting project pricing from vendors & subcontractor pool
- Coordinate and perform quantity surveys and detailed pricing for all disciplines as required.
- Assist teammates to ensure the database of subcontractors and suppliers is current.
- 5 years of project experience with framing and siding.
- 2-3 years of experience estimating.
- Ability to interpret and build complex projects according to architectural drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to understand labor, material, and subcontract costs and the ability to analyze reports to effectively estimate projects.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team.
- Proficient at taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Proficient with Planswift, Bluebeam, MS Project, Excel, MS Office 365, and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Competitive pay 65,655 to $105,456 per year, based on experience.
- Great company culture & established company with a strong reputation
- Get Paid EVERY FRIDAY
- 50% company-paid medical, dental, and vision available
- Continuing education and training opportunities
- Vacation and sick leave
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid holidays and jury duty
- Elective Supplemental coverages like accident, critical illness, and/or hospitalization policies are available to you and your family.